If you would like me to review something, please make sure it fits the guidelines before asking.
If you are a writer looking for reviews, read over the following, as two of the items are absolutely necessary.
- it must either be on Smashwords or DRM-free
- Smashwords title are easier to deal with, since I am not always reading things on one device and there is different software on various devices that I prefer to use over others. Also, nearly all Smashwords titles are DRM-free.
- If book is not on Smashwords, title must be available without DRM (see above). If you do not trust me not to pirate your work, I will not accept your title.
- Preferred site to purchase book from
- If one is not supplied, I will use what I got the book from, or the one on your author page.
- Author website must be provided
If you are a visitor, and think that you know of something that I would like, whether that be manga, anime, or prose fiction, feel free to contact me, but keep the following in mind.
- Books available only in print
- I have pretty much converted to ebooks for all titles that are not manga and I have already have a ton of books in print.
- Content that is not acceptable for anyone under 18
- This blog gets visits from family, friends, and most likely minors. As such, I want to keep links to such things to a minimum, or off the blog entirely.
There is not a definite grading scale as in five stars or whatever. I may like a work or I may find it okay or I might hate it. I only recommend things I like or find okay.
I do not like everything I read, but I do try and find some good things to say.
While things do have their negatives, there is a chance that the good can outweigh the bad. Typos tend to be least problematic, unless I cannot understand things.
To get an idea of how things work, look around and check out the reviews I have already done.
I try to review things as soon as I can, but I cannot always get to things that I had intended to do, so please be patient.
I may put reviews into the queue, so when I send out the link, it might not be available immediately.
If you do not like any of what I have listed here, such as the requirement that things have to be DRM-free, which will include, but is not limited to, many writers that get published traditionally and those publishers, do not even bother asking me to review the work.
Use an app on your on phone (e.g. Scan for Android) to capture the image above. If successful, you should be taken the web version of this article.