If you would like me to review something, please make sure it fits the guidelines before asking.
If you are a writer looking for reviews, read over the following, as two of the items are absolutely necessary.
- it must either be on Smashwords or DRM-free
- Smashwords title are easier to deal with, since I am not always reading things on one device and there is different software on various devices that I prefer to use over others. Also, nearly all Smashwords titles are DRM-free.
- If book is not on Smashwords, title must be available without DRM (see above). If you do not trust me not to pirate your work, I will not accept your title.
- Preferred site to purchase book from
- If one is not supplied, I will use what I got the book from, or the one on your author page.
- Author website must be provided
If you are a visitor, and think that you know of something that I would like, whether that be manga, anime, or prose fiction, feel free to contact me, but keep the following in mind.
- Books available only in print
- I have pretty much converted to ebooks for all titles that are not manga and I have already have a ton of books in print.
- Content that is not acceptable for anyone under 18
- This blog gets visits from family, friends, and most likely minors. As such, I want to keep links to such things to a minimum, or off the blog entirely.
There is not a definite grading scale as in five stars or whatever. I may like a work or I may find it okay or I might hate it. I only recommend things I like or find okay.
I do not like everything I read, but I do try and find some good things to say.
While things do have their negatives, there is a chance that the good can outweigh the bad. Typos tend to be least problematic, unless I cannot understand things.
To get an idea of how things work, look around and check out the reviews I have already done.
I try to review things as soon as I can, but I cannot always get to things that I had intended to do, so please be patient.
I may put reviews into the queue, so when I send out the link, it might not be available immediately.
If you do not like any of what I have listed here, such as the requirement that things have to be DRM-free, which will include, but is not limited to, many writers that get published traditionally and those publishers, do not even bother asking me to review the work.